National Tax and Accountants' Association Ltd (ABN 76 057 551 854) ("NTAA") understands that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. For these reasons, NTAA places a high priority on the security of information we hold. We have developed this policy to inform you of how we manage your personal information to maintain its integrity and security.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and must comply with the National Privacy Principles. You can find more information about the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles on the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
We believe in keeping your personal information highly secure, we also believe that you have the right to be informed about how we deal with that information so if on reading this policy you are unclear on any of the matters or simply want more information, please don't hesitate to contact us on the telephone number or addresses provided below.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is relevant and necessary to providing the service or product you have requested from NTAA. We collect information not only from the members of NTAA but from non-members who attend seminars or purchase products. In general you can assume that we collect and hold the following information:
- Business name;
- Email address;
- Telephone and fax number;
- Your membership number;
- Attendances at seminars and/or products purchased; and
- The number of times you have used the NTAA Hotline during any given year.
When you make a call to the NTAA Hotline we will record your member number, the name of the member and the name of the person making the call, the date and time of the call and the question and answer.
We collect information primarily to record your membership, attendance at seminars or to facilitate your purchase of a product. We may also use the information:
- To send newsletters such as Voice;
- To notify you of important taxation or other developments, or request feedback about taxation or other developments;
- To invite you to seminars or events hosted by NTAA;
- To inform you of products that can be purchased from the NTAA; and
- To inform you of developments at the NTAA and other services that we can provide.
The following third parties may have access to personal information:
- Our database is supplied to InterPrac Ltd and its related companies. The InterPrac group of companies is closely affiliated with NTAA and uses the information to offer a range of products and services exclusively to members.
- IT technicians may have access when providing on-site support although it is our practice for them to work under the supervision of one of our own IT technicians.
- File storage services.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required by law;
- is authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing information about you.
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information given to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you believe that the information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. In the event that we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we may take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Securing Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration. We have the following security measure in place to protect your information:
- After hours access to the building is by mill key only and access is monitored by video equipment on the ground floor and in the car park;
- Our offices are also securely locked and alarmed after hours; and
- All computers have password protection.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a limited right to access all personal information that we hold about you. In limited circumstances, we may refuse your request to access, in which case, we will give you a reason for the refusal.We are not required to provide access where:
- denying access is required or authorised by law; or
- providing access would be unlawful.
Telephone: +613 9209 9999
Post: NTAA 29-33 Palmerston Crescent, South Melbourne VIC 3205